Imagine if you will… It’s Thursday afternoon in Cubeville.
- 3:17: Tra la la la. Sitting at your desk. La la la. Getting ready to leave at 3:45 for physical therapy. La la la.
- 3:18: A senior VP sends an e-mail to 5,000 people to announce this really great Web project — you guessed it, the same one you’d been asked to hold until you received her approval.
- 3:19: Cube-dwellers in earshot here a very perky, “Well, I guess that’s approval!” Initiate IM search for web developers. Uh, hi…
- 3:27: Compose e-mail, “Dear Boss and Boss’s Boss, Imagine my surprise…”
- 3:35: Site is live — warts and all.
- 3:45: Warts removed.
- 4:05: Praise the existence of the carpool lane on 101 to the dulcet melodies of Linkin Park while considering your personal budget for lavish gifts to web developers.
- 4:35: Arrive at physical therapy prepared to spend an hour with the 6’2″ guy who has to release sciatic nerve tension by jamming his thumbs into your calf and his elbow into your hamstrings and glutes.
Tra la la. La. LA LA LA!